Funding Development Director
The Grand Foundation (GF), the non-profit partner of the City of Tracy’s Grand Theatre Center for the Arts, is seeking a passionate, community-oriented individual as the primary fundraiser of the organization. The main areas of responsibility are fundraising through grants, gifts, and corporate and individual donations. Position will report to Executive Director. Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must embrace the mission of Grand Foundation.
- Have strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have proven knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Establish fundraising goals and create a strategic plan for fundraising to meet those goals.
- Apply for grants, including working with GF Board and Grand Theatre staff to determine appropriate grants.
- Manage individual and corporate gifts as well as planned or annual giving campaigns.
- Coordinate/oversee donor relations program and market/advertise with GF Board
- Coordinate/oversee growth of Endowment Fund, including Seat Campaign, and market/advertise with GF Board
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors.
- Collaborate with ED & GF Board on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions.
- Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with our Endowment and Marketing Committees.
Additional Administrative duties:
- Organize donor information.
- Help to promote, manage, host events.
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders.
- Prepare monthly reports on donor contacts and progress on fundraising goals for GF Board.
- Assist in annual GF budget and prepare budget(s) for special events as required.
- Coordinate the filing of tax returns with Executive Director and Treasurer.
- Support membership development as directed by ED.
The ideal candidate will have between 3-5 years of fundraising experience. Familiarity with non-profit, community-based organizations is desirable. The following are core competencies for the position:
- Professionally represent the GF at the Grand and in public at various community functions
- Successfully work with Executive Director, GF Board, Grand Staff, Donors, and Members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proficient at using all social media formats
- Schedule flexibility and ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- Comfortable working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills—Word, Excel, Adobe; proficient website management skills
- Self-starter who is able to work independently
- Detail oriented with aptitude to manage several tasks/projects simultaneously
Salary and Benefits:
- $2,083/month, 25 hours/week
- Paid national holidays off
- Ability to take 2 weeks paid vacation
- Schedule flexibility